Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) is a policy that offers cover when the payout on the loan contract exceeds the payout of your comprehensive insurance policy. GAP Insurance covers a potential shortfall between your Comprehensive Car Insurance payout and the payout figure for your car loan.
To apply for GAP Insurance, your vehicle must:
- Be subject to a loan contract, and
- Have comprehensive motor vehicle insurance
Loan Settlement Cover
If a total loss payment is made in relation to your vehicle by the your comprehensive insurer we will pay your financier the difference between the total loss payment and the loan settlement amount subject to the cover chosen by you.
If a total loss payment is made by an insurer in relation to your vehicle, we will also pay you for the following extra expenses incurred on your replacement vehicle:
- Policy Excess (motor vehicle)
- Delivery charges
- Registration costs
- Compulsory third party insurance
- Stamp duty
- Up to 10 days car hire up to a maximum of $70.00 per day, but only if the car hire has been arranged by or approved by us.
The maximum aggregate amount we will pay under Extra Cover will be the amount shown against "Extras" for the Option Listed on your schedule.
Product Disclosure Statement
This website contains general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. Before acting on this advice you should assess whether it is appropriate for you. You should also consider the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) before making any decision about a product detailed on this website.
- Get an online quote in less than 30 seconds
- Call 1300 887 967 to speak with a car finance expert
- Apply now for your obligation free pre-approval